Beauty Review - Seventeen Blusher

7 July 2013




Having worked for a premium beauty brand most of last year, I've been pretty convinced that you get what you pay for in terms of quality and lasting-power of make-up. But my view on this changed a couple of weeks ago when I went away for a few days and managed to leave my whole make-up supply, bag, brushes and all, at home. So organised - I know! I decided to buy a few essentials from cheaper brands that I haven't used for a long time, and I'll admit I didn't have high expectations. I picked up six items for under £15 - a mixture of Seventeen and Natural Collection from Boots. They have a buy one get the second half price offer on at the moment so they were even cheaper than usual.  

Maybe I hit it lucky, but of the six items I purchased I'd recommend five, and the best by far was this Seventeen Blusher. The pigment in it is great, only the smallest amount is needed on the brush to get good colour and it lasts just as long on the skin as some of my favourite premium brand products. I went for the colour Damson Wine as it's somewhere between bronze and blush, with a slight plum tone as the name suggests.

 I often find cheaper brands go overboard on the glitter front, but again, I was impressed with the subtle shimmer of this blusher. The neat little pot makes it perfect handbag size, and at just £3.49 it wouldn't be too disastrous if it got damaged on the go - better than risking your favourite expensive blusher on a night out!

So all in all, really good value for money in terms of quality and it's currently replacing all others in my make-up bag so I'd definitely recommend.




No comments:

Post a Comment