British Brand - Neon Wetsuits

2 July 2013


If you could choose any sport to be good at, what would it be? For me it would have to be surfing, it looks like a powerful force of freedom.

Image Credit: Neon Wetsuits on Instagram
I've tried surfing twice, once in the icy depths off the coast of Cornwall and once in Costa Rica. On both occasions I've had some serious swimwear issues. Much to the amusement of my family, in Newquay I started off the surfing with my head-to-toe wetsuit on backwards, and in Costa Rica wearing a bikini backfired when my two-week-tan was almost exfoliated off due to board-burn on my bare stomach. I've managed a total of ten seconds stood vertical on a surfboard before crashing to the sand (cue yet more issues with the bikini!), but I imagine that once you master surfing, the feeling would be pretty addictive and hard to beat.

On the off chance that my swimwear is to blame for my slow progress in surfing - rather than my lack of core strength or balance - I have found the perfect brand to solve the problem. The label Neon Wetsuits was created by Elsie Pinniger, a surfing enthusiast based in Newquay, where all of the wetsuits are currently made under one roof. Elsie couldn't find a wetsuit that ticked all of the boxes for her, so she gave up looking and made one herself.

 Neon Wetsuits are made from neoprene, a fabric which protects you from the board-burn I mentioned earlier. Neon swimsuits and separates are available online in a range of vibrant colours with sea-inspired patterns on the suits including wave-like and scallop shapes. And the best part? You get to select your own colours for whichever style you choose. I'm all for the personal touch provided by a business, so I really love this about the brand. And even if wearing a Neon Wetsuit won't automatically make me a better surfer, at least I'd look a little bit more professional when falling off a board!



No comments:

Post a Comment